A lot of our customers have requested us to write about how to clean Marcasite Jewellery. Since Marcasite Jewellery is very delicate and we want it to radiate its beautiful and unique metallic luster forever, we have come up with a step by step process for how to clean Marcasite Jewellery.
- In a bowl put some liquid soap and mix it in luke warm water. Immerse your jewellery in the water. Please skip this step if the jewellery has Pearls or Emeralds
- Let it be in the bowl for approximately 10 minutes.
- With a soft toothbrush, gently clean the jewellery. Be careful with the brush around the marcasite stones, you dont want them to dislodge.
- After cleaning the jewellery with the brush, rinse it under cold water.
- Dry it with a soft cotton cloth making sure no water is caught in the slots between the stones.
- Now using a silver cloth, rub the jewellery until it is shiny and sparkling. Silver clothes are often used to rub sterling silver jewellery to remove any finger prints and make it shiny all over again.
- Store the jewellery in a dark and dry place away from moisture and light to prevent sterling silver from tarnishing.
We do hope this process of cleaning Marcasite Jewellery is helpful to our customers and would appreciate any kind of feedback from you guys and other tips and tricks to keep your jewellery sparkling.